Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That s what you ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Fulfills duties of assigned Registered Nurse Job Description for designated work area.
- Leads a designated nursing area (part of a unit, entire unit, or entire facility). Oversees quality of patient care to assure delivery of individualized nursing care. Makes timely recommendations for improvement/revisions.
- Oversees patient care delivery to maximize patient/family satisfaction and minimize risk of injury or negative outcomes to patients or employees. Directs staff during emergency situations. Acts as an advocate for patients and family members. Acts as a resource for staff.
- Assures timely, accurate, and complete assessment, intervention, and documentation in the medical record and care plan. Utilizes computerized assessments and care planning tools. Intervenes in level of care changes.
One year experience in an area of specialty preferred.
- Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, so must be licensed in the state of your residence.
- BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Job requires continuous use of reading skills and verbal communication skills. Job requires frequent use of written communications skills. Job requires delegation, conflict resolution, individual and group interactions, time management, critical thinking and stress management. Incumbents must possess knowledge of how to provide care to a diverse population of patients and the ability to communicate and work with people from a variety of age-groups, social strata and ethnic backgrounds.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
This position has a $2,500 sign on bonus paid out over 2 years of employment